Friday, April 13, 2012

People CAN change!

Despite my last post not being optimistic about my last few shifts at the bedside, I was way wrong!

Yesterday was chill and such a nice shift.

But what really blew my socks off (wow, there's the grandma coming out of me!) was my patient's mom- who I'm sure you're growing more and more fond of because of all the wonderful things I've said about her- was actually NICE to me!

And dare I say, a little pleasant to be around!

WHAT!?!?

I almost felt like I was in the twilight zone. At one point I may have even pinched myself to make sure I wasn't just hallucinating a pleasant interaction with this lady. But nope! She was really there.

And for the two whole hours that she was present (she was going for a record on that one!) she was really very chatty...about happy things! I think I even laughed once or twice with her there!

So there ya have it. I guess people CAN change. And while I hope this change lasts at least 2 more days (this weekend while I work to be specific!) I'll take the 2 hours.

Here's to taking what you can get : ) And to a happy Friday the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment