Thursday, April 26, 2012

Despite a 3 1/2 hour daily commute....

I LOVE MY NEW JOB!!!

That's right!  I can (almost!) turn a blind eye to the painfully slow 2 hour car ride home because being an APN in the PICU is awesome!

I have always said I loved my job.  I loved being a nurse.  And I truly did.

But this is a different level of awesome.  Perhaps it's because I was completely ready for a change.  Or perhaps it's because it's only been 2 days and I haven't been there long enough to truly formulate an opinion.

But for now, I'm sticking with I LOVE MY NEW JOB!

Working a 10 hour shift is worlds different than working 12 or 13.  Being able to step away from the crazy parents when they get especially crazy is worlds different than being stuck in that room ALL day!  And coming home when the sun is still out is a concept I don't think I've seen since college!

So yeah, I'm loving being an APN.

And lucky for me, I have an amazing team of APN's to teach me.  A couple of them have been there forever.  A couple have been there for just a year.  It's a perfect mix of experts and newbies (ish) who still can remember exactly what I'm going through.  I'm going to learn a TON from this group.  And oh my, is there A TON for me to learn!

But I'm excited about all there is to learn.  I'm excited to expand my knowledge and expand my skill set of things I'm able to "do" in the PICU.  I'm just excited to be an APN!

Now if only I could get excited about this commute.....

So who knows of any great books to listen to?? Or other great distractions (car safe) that I can try!?

No comments:

Post a Comment