Saturday, April 28, 2012

Noodle Soup Role Confusion

Have you ever seen the Friends episode where Joey gets to do a commercial for soup?
via
His line is supposed to be "Mmm, soup!"  and instead, he keeps saying "Mmm, noodle soup!"

The director gets annoyed at having to stop the scene and remind Joey the correct way to say the line.

Until finally, he says "Mmm...soup...I mean noodle soup...I mean soup...argghh!!"

If you're not laughing it must be because you haven't seen it : )  Or because my story telling didn't do it justice...but I'll stick with the former!  And if you haven't seen it, you should (you can check it out here).

Anyways, why am I talking about Friends (other than it being one of the BEST shows of all time!?).

Well, because lately I have been Joey.  I've been throwing out Noodle Soup instead of just Soup.

Or rather, my introduction in the PICU goes something like this "Hi, I'm Dana and I'm going to be the nurse practitioner taking care of your son today...I mean nurse...I mean nurse practitioner!?"

It's all very confusing.  And as I go back and forth trying to remember what is the correct one, parents just give me this bizarre stare.

As if I don't know my true identity.  One parent even laughed and said, "Are you sure you're name is Dana?"

Now that you ask, I'm not sure!

Role confusion is a tricky thing.  But it's ok.  I'm sure after time the words will just flow off my tongue naturally.  As if it were the only thing I  have ever said before.

Until then, I think I need to come up with a funny one liner when parents give me that stare.  Instead of just awkwardly walking out of the room (just like Joey did).  Any ideas!????

No comments:

Post a Comment