Sunday, October 28, 2012

Back to Nights

Apparently my first call shift took a lot out of me, because I haven't blogged since that day!

I actually can't complain because it was a relatively quiet night and everything went well.  I even got to lay down for several hours.  And even though I never fully fell asleep, just being able to slightly "turn off" was nice.

I'm back to nights for this week.  I'm hoping that they go as well as the first one went.

One of the nights I work is Halloween though, so I'm not very optimistic...crazy things happen!

If anything, I'm hoping to see a few cute kiddos in their costumes.

Oh, and in my "spare time" I'm working on a post to answer some of the questions that I've gotten via comments and e-mail lately regarding my job, responsibilities, differences between bedside nursing and being an APN, etc.  Please don't think I'm ignoring you!

I promise, as soon as I shake off working nights and can think clearly, I'll be all over it!

Nights and I aren't friends.  I would love to be, but we just aren't.  I just calculated today that I am responsible for doing 39 call shifts (16 hour nights) each year.  So basically after this week I'll be 4 down, 35 more to go.

Oh well.  At least I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment