Friday, October 12, 2012

First Call Shift

I won't bore you with another pumpkin baked good post today.  Although, I am going to try a new pumpkin cookie recipe today...thank you pinterest for making me fat!

Instead, I will keep this short and sweet. And even about the PICU.

I am taking my first call shift (AKA: night shift) tonight on my own.  No more preceptor.  Just me, the big PICU, and a whole lotta sick kids with a whole lot less staff present.

But I'm actually really excited about it.

Yes, I'd much rather spend my Friday night on a date with my hubby, but if I had to work (and I obviously do!), I'm glad to be in the PICU.

So with excitement, nerves and a little bit of anxiousness, I need to find a way to chill out the rest of the afternoon, and hopefully take a little nap.

Hope you have a great Friday.  And if you're working the night shift tonight, give me a holla at 3 am...it may be what I need to stay awake : )

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana! Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a blog award! See the instructions here if you want to participate: http://holdingthedistaff.blogspot.com/2012/10/you-mean-people-actually-read-this.html
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete