Tuesday, December 27, 2011

8 Memories of Christmas 2011

I love the Christmas season. Or maybe I just love days off over the holidays. But either way, this Christmas was no exception.

Tonight I am back at home, in my own bed, not believing how FAST it all went! I can't believe that Christmas is over!

It's true that 3 days in the PICU can seem like an eternity. Literally, AN ETERNITY!!! And yet 5 days at the parents house over the holidays is over in the blink of an eye.

But now that I'm home, Jonny and I are watching one last Christmas movie while eating some pizza. And it's given me time to think about what made this Christmas so special and so much fun.

And the overly stuffed feeling that I got after all the pizza tonight got me thinking about how much I truly need that "new years resolution diet" sooner rather than later...but I digress.

For now, I leave you with a few of my favorite 2011 Christmas memories:

1.) Matinee movies in the middle of the week! And if you haven't seen Mission Impossible III, you definitely have to! So great!
2.) Living in the most comfy sweatpants EVER for almost the entire trip!! You know, the ones that are snuggly and can even double as cozy socks!
**Oh, and playing footsie with my man : )

3.) Putting together a really hard puzzle...definitely not one of my favorite activities, but definitely a sense of accomplishment once it's done! Look at the determination of my mom!!

4.) All day bonfires. Oh I love the smell, the sounds, and the sight of bonfires. But I love sitting around it, laughing and chatting with my family even more!



5.) Going to the best thrift store ever...and coming home with 2 bags full of amazing new clothes, home decor items, and these awesome boots. Grand total: $35! Love it!
*These babies were all of $3...oh yeah!

6.) Christmas tree photo shoots that take way too long b/c Jonny just cracks me up! Oh I love that man!
7.) The endless amounts of peanut butter fudge, snicker doodles, coconut cookie bars, lemon bars, caramel, and other amazing Christmas treats. OK- I guess it wasn't "endless" b/c we certainly devoured them ALL!!! So quickly in fact, there wasn't time to take any pics! But YUMMMMM were they good!!

8.) And just being able to relax and chill with my family. To watch Christmas movies, to enjoy the extra cup of coffee or Friendship tea in the morning, to sing the occasional Christmas carol via Skype with family who couldn't be there, and just laugh a lot. This is what the holidays are all about to me.

And this was what made this year so special to me.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and are enjoying the last week of 2011. What made your holiday special this year?



1 comment:

  1. It's been way too long since we've been to a movie! A matinee sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete