Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

In leiu of Three Things Thursday today (since it became Three Things Tuesday this week!), I am simply wishing you a very Happy Halloween! 

Since I don't have kiddos of my own yet, it's always a blast to work on Halloween and see the kids of the PICU dress up.  Most kids in the PICU are too sick to participate, but the few that do definitely bring huge smiles to all of us! 

And since I can't post pics of those kids without getting consents and legal stuff, blah blah blah, I will leave you with some pictures of Halloween the Lerma style. 
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Horrible lighting, I know...sorry! But we started the night with amazing loaded baked potatoe soup...YUM!
Super excited about carving the pumpkin...and determined not to overcut the top so it falls right in like last year : )

My spooky dollar store skeletons on our kitchen ledge

Ewww. guts, guts, guts! (Sadly, this is the SAME face I've made on halloween for the past 8 years...some things never change apparently!)

Ohhhhh....scary!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Ha...Nurse Karin. Yes, neither of us claim to have any kind of carving or drawing skills : ) Jon kept carving out the teeth on accident...so it's like one big square mouth with a few skinny sharp things in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, teeth are hard. Also, when you're cutting the top make sure you angle the knife inward instead of cutting straight down & your top will never fall in. Sad that you & your hubby did a pumpkin & I didn't even do one with my daughter. Nursing school sucks the life out of you, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candi you are so right about school sucking the life out of you...but you WILL make it!! And of course after the fact, my mom told me another great tip about not letting the top fall in...cut the hole in the bottom of the pumpkin instead! I loved that idea!

    ReplyDelete