Saturday, February 23, 2013

My very last Saturday at work...

OK, the title may be misleading.  While I wish it was the very last Saturday of working ever (who doesn't want every weekend off!?!?), it's at the very least the last weekend shift, or any shift for that matter for the next 18 days.

Can I get a "What, What!?"

Oh yea! I walked into work with an extra special pep in my step.  Which one of the security guards thought was "quite pleasant for a Saturday."

But really, I was just pre-game celebrating.  I thought "I can do anything for 10 or 12 hours."

And that I did!

And now I'm done!

So here's to the next 18 days off.  And to a very amazing, incredible, extremely looked forward to vacation with my man!!!

And with that comes time off from blogging as well, because where we're going the internet is unavailable.  Well, unavailable unless your rich, and then you can pay a hefty fee for a few minutes of slow internet.  And we all know that baller status I am not (just see this post).

And that's ok. That's just the way I like my vacations.  Completely away from all of life's distractions.

So I hope you all have a great 2 weeks.  I will see you when I get back.

And if I was a super cool blogger, or one with a remote amount of friends who blogged about the PICU (or anything for that matter) I would have been more responsible and had guest bloggers lined up.

But really, do I roll like that.  We all know not!

So this is all ya get....a Bon Voyage.  And not the Carnival-fire in the engine/lady's with "I miss my cats" signs- type voyage, but a real, genuine Caribbean style Bon Voyage.

*PS- has anyone else noticed that ridiculous picture that keeps popping up on the internet!? If i was stranded in the middle of the ocean on a very large ship surrounded by sewer waste and little food, really, would I be showcasing a poster stating my love for my cats and how I desperately missed them...of all things!?!?

So back to my ADD-I.CAN'T.WAIT.to be on vacation mind.

Adios. Bon voyage. See ya when I get back.  And yes, I promise there will be a few glorious clear water, golden sand pics!




2 comments:

  1. Have a great time & I can't wait to see some pics!! Two weeks, what a glorious vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you are so funny Dana. Have a good trip! We will miss your stories! Question: do you miss spending a lot of time at the bedside? Do you feel like you don't know your patients as well now?

    ReplyDelete