Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, to my friends that are moms, to the moms to be, and to those wishing to be moms soon! I hope that you all enjoy this day thoroughly and are able to do something fun....something relaxing...something you truly enjoy. Please know that you are special and have a job like no other! You are not rewarded enough for what you do. You do not get the praise for the hard work that you put into raising your children. And yet, you continue to do this, tirelessly! So thank you!

And for the moms that are having to "celebrate" in the PICU today, my thoughts are with you. I pray that you feel the love your child has for you, the gratitude they have that you are with them by their side, holding their hand, wiping their tears. On a day that is supposed to be YOUR day, you make it about your child....truly this is what a mother is! I hope that come next mother's day you will be able to look back and be thankful for where life has led you....away from the PICU and to a happy home with a healthy child. But for those of you that may look back to this year as one of the last with your children, please know that I am praying for you... That your job of a mom is not forgotten or diminished with the passing of the child you raised. Thank you for all that you did...all that you do!

2 comments:

  1. This is moving! I cried because I could not imagine what those moms are dealing with. You will be a wonderful mommy my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! Even though I'm around it all the time, I also can't imagine truly what they are going through either! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete