Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

I promise I didn't quit my APN job and become America's next great Food Star...although that would be AWESOME!!!

It's just that nothing crazy, super exciting, hilarious or really blog-worthy has gone on at work lately.

I will say, each shift that goes by I am becoming more and more confident.  I am feeling like I'm getting the hang of things, and while I have a long (long!) way to go, I will get there!

Probably the biggest adjustment has been figuring out how to keep the relationship with patients and families that I so loved being a bedside nurse.  It's definitely very different being an APN because I am running around the insanely large unit all day, and so my time with each patient and family is much less than when I spent the entire 12 hour shift at one bedside.

But I'm sure as time goes by, I'll figure that out as well!

Until then, I'm going to bake my way through pumpkin recipes on each of my Fall days off!

My pants buttons may not thank me come winter time (isn't that what stretch pants are for!?), but my palate certainly will!

Here is probably the most simple, quick dessert that can be thrown together for any party (or Monday afternoon!) and be a hit.

I didn't even have time to take pictures along the way, because from beginning to oven it took maybe 3 minutes. And then Jonny and I gobbled a good portion of them up....sad, I know.

Directions:
1.) Empty one box of brownie mix into a bowl (yes, my mom's homemade brownie recipe would be much better, but this is the speedy version)
2.) Add 2 whole eggs, and 1/2 to 3/4 can pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
3.) Add a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice to taste (and really, batter tasting is the best part!)
4.) Add a handful (or so) of chocolate chips...because really, more chocolate makes everything better!
5.) Place in baking dish, put in oven for 35 minutes, and savor the smells that will waft through your house

It's that easy!  And that delicious!  Yup, just one more pumpkin recipe that nailed it...add that to my recipe book!

No comments:

Post a Comment