Tuesday, May 17, 2011

And here we are...

15 days from my last post...and the only reason I'm able to blog at all right now is because I showed up to clinicals an hour early to go to noon conference (like I normally do)...only it was cancelled, and nobody let me know!

So I made my way to the library and decided I had 2 options: 1.) I could try and squeeze in some homework or the discussion postings for this week, OR 2.) I could check out facebook and my blogs since I haven't done it in, oh FOREVER!!

Guess which one won : ) ???

The lack of blogging(and FB'ing for that matter!) probably has something to do with the insane amounts of homework that my professors have tried to pile in. Make that, "they did pile in!" I'm TRYING to get it all done!!

I officially have 3 papers left...one for each Monday this quarter. Then it's off to an AMAZING Mexican fiesta for 10 days with my family! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

And then 10 more weeks til I'm officially a Nurse Practitioner!! OK, well at least until I'm a Masters graduate. The NP will come once I pass boards and get credentialed...details schmetails!

Over the last 2 weeks, the E.R. was every bit as exciting as stated in the last 2 posts. I'm still baffled at the lack of "Emergency" there, but it is what it is!

This week, I am going to a Press Ganey conference for 2 days. It will be 16 hours of fun learning about how to improve our patient satisfaction scores. While I know the days will be long, I'm actually excited to go b/c I know that I'll learn some great stuff to take back to my unit, and the hospital as a whole!

My times up, but before I go, I want to leave you with a funny story from work the other day. My patient's mom, who I know very well, came in laughing and so excited to tell me something!! Her husband was in a pretty bad accident and needed to have surgery (that's not the funny part)- he needed bladder surgery. Only, instead of telling people he had bladder surgery, he kept telling people he had uterine surgery!

What's even more funny is she said NONE of their friends even caught on!! They just said "Oh my gosh that must be so painful" and "Wow, I can't believe you had surgery on that!" She had to calmly (I'm sure she was laughing hysterically!) explain, "Honey, you do not have a uterus. Nor do any other men!!"

Ohh, people can be funny!

K, well that's all for my break. Time to make my way to the exciting life of the Emergency Room for the next 10 hours!!! Hope you're doing something just as exciting tonight as well : )

No comments:

Post a Comment