Monday, November 1, 2010

PICU Nurse asking for Prayers

Jon and I have some friends who got some bad news today about the daughter they are expecting in 20 weeks. The ultrasound showed a potential neurological defect and the doctor is concerned about a few other findings.

Our friend called, devastated, at the news he just found out today. What was supposed to be an incredibly joyous occasion, ended with the doctor saying "Either way, your daughter is going to be disabled." While we are super excited about the news of a GIRL (!!!!), we also are so sad for them!

What I know: I believe in a God that can do miracles...only He can change the outcome of this little one, currently forming in her mother's womb. No doctor can prescribe this. No ultrasound technician can make it mysteriously appear on the screen.

What I Wish I Knew: I wish I knew the answers for them. I wish I knew that she would be ok. But, I don't. I am PICU nurse. I am JUST a PICU nurse. I cannot see the future. I cannot make miracles happen.

If I could, I would for these friends. I would form this little one's body so perfectly....I would mold her hands and feet, and allow them to move, showing her mama and daddy how precious she really is.

But all I can do, all PICU nurses can truly do, for their patients...and their friends... is pray for them....give them support... and be there for them throughout some of the toughest times in their life.

So please join with me in praying for this little one....for all the little ones out there...who's parents are grieving at the diagnosis, the prognosis of their precious baby!!

We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment