Tuesday, January 24, 2012

All Snowed In...or at least that's what I'm telling myself!

It's snowing here in Denver. As I look out our hotel window, I see the beautiful snow capped mountains and a whirlwind of blizzarding snow! Beautiful!
OK- not really! That's what I'm imagining! What I really see is the hotel parking lot in front of the highway...and some snow flurries!
But I'm telling myself that with the way the snow is coming down, there's no way I can venture outside! Which means my running shoes won't see the light of day...and hey, maybe my "real clothes" won't either!

I'm just feeling like it's one of those stay in comfy clothes-drink an extra cup of coffee-catch up on reading and tv kinda day!

It's probably b/c I'm tired, and probably because despite being away from work, I still have "work" to do. The Noise Study I told you about yesterday is a seemingly never ending project!

But, a few hours yesterday, a few today, and a few tomorrow and the bad boy should be absolutely complete and ready for submission to the Nursing Research Council and IRB. And then we'll get it back and have to spend another 10 hours or so on editing from their recommendations.

So yeah....never-ending! Just 'cuz we got the $$ doesn't mean the process is over...ugh!

And speaking of the grant that I got, I learned yesterday that the study was one of only 4 chosen...out of 25 applicants!

I was excited about my accomplishment before...but that was when I assumed that there were 4 applicants and we all got chosen! So this made it even more awesome! And what's more, my co-principle investigator told me that we were BY FAR the youngest investigators to get approved...everyone else was well into their upper 40's-50s.

So there! Just b/c we're young doesn't mean we're not smart! I'm not sure who says that, or why I feel the need to defend it, but hey, it doesn't hurt, right!?

But enough about work. I'm going to go back to my extra cup of coffee, turning on the tv, and flipping through my magazines...all while staying in my comfy pants. I mean, with the blizzard going on outside, what other option do I have!? : )

Hope you have a wonderful pseudo- snowed-in kind of Tuesday as well!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just recently found your blog and I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! I really enjoy reading your posts. I am currently pursuing a BSN in nursing and your blog is an excellent reminder that hard work pays off. I like that you write about not only the nursing side of life but also the couch dates that you have. Sometimes its easy to forget when you see people that have achieved so much that it has taken countless hours of hard work to get there :)
    Congrats on all your accomplishments!
    ~KT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KT- Thank you SO much for your comments...they truly mean a lot to me! I use my blog as an outlet for myself and sometimes forget that other people are listening : ) But congrats on working towards your BSN...all I can say it KEEP IT UP!!! It is hard it. It does take a lot of time. And it certainly takes a lot of effort. But it is SO worth it...SO worth it! Thanks again for stopping by!
      -Dana

      Delete