Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Looky, Looky!!!

So is the saying "Looky, looky" creepy?!? I wasn't sure, so I just went with it!

But seriously, look what happens when you graduate from a masters program...

The wonderful husband gets you THIS:
He will also get you THIS....
but we're not going to talk about that!!!

OK, in all fairness, he got himself that. It just so happened to come at the same time...in the same box. At least that's his story!

But back to Mr. Vienna plus! Oh he is a marvelous contraption (apparently I've wondered back into the 1800's this morning). This bad boy really is awesome though. He allows me to WANT to wake up early! Just so I can go downstairs and do this....

Mmm, pumpkin spice latte (made by moi!) with my pumpkin spice candle and a good book. Now that's a great morning. And all while the man is still snoozing away upstairs! Yup, I am definitely a morning person. He is not.

And just thinking about all the money we'll save on latte runs b/c I can make my very OWN starbucks now is OH. SO. EXCITING!

It has also contributed to a problem I like to call "Shake That"...and yes, you have to sing the song while you're doing it! I have GOT to figure out how to tone down the amount of caffeine that goes into my daily latte b/c WHOA MAMA, I look like "New Nurse Nervous Nelly"!!!

It's gotta make parents feel right at home when my hands are trembling while trying to flush their IV. And my "Oh don't worry, I've been doing this for 6 years" doesn't really go very far apparently!

So if you have any tips on how to make a less caffeinated version of my fav fall drinks, please leave a comment....hint, hint my barista friends!

Oh, and in case you were wondering...the instruction manual for Mr. Vienna was fabulous. Not only did it NOT really explain how to use it, or how to appropriately caffeinate the drinks, it also gave you very helpful pictures such as this:
Not only should you not wipe it down with a cloth (what ARE you supposed to wipe it down with!?) you should also not let your baby who looks like they're up to no good crawl all over it! And put his bum right on on the steaming knob!

Although if you did, it would give this PICU nurse one good admission story to blog about! So do what you choose : )

3 comments:

  1. That would be one interesting admission note to read.
    "Mother states that she was trying to make coffee and placed child inside the coffee machine...."

    The frightening part of that is that you KNOW someone did it and that's why that warning is there =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I enjoy reading it. Hope you are enjoying your coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, yeah that would be a fun admission note to write. And trying to keep a straight face when taking the history would be one tough job!! : )

    ReplyDelete