Thursday, October 17, 2013

Three Things Thursday

In an effort to improve my consistency in blogging (because I really do enjoy it, and particularly enjoy reading things from a year and 2 years ago!), I have decided to start what I will call:

3 Things Thursday

So every Thursday (or as many as I can remember!) I will present 3 Things that I love from the week, and 3 things that I loathe from the week.  It may or may not pertain to the PICU. Some days there is just nothing to love within the confines of those walls.  And other days there's nothing to loathe (LOVE those days!).

And thats ok because really, a nurse is not just a nurse.  There's a whole other life once she (or he) leaves the doors of that hospital.

So enough introduction.

Here's the first installment of Loving & Loathing 3 Things Thursday!

LOVING:
1.) Peaceful, quiet moments in the morning with my homemade pumpkin lattes, great books, and a chocolate hazelnut candle!

2.) Having the best husband in the world. I mean seriously, who else would do this when you were getting ready to have a minor surgical procedure early on a weekday morning!?!? Kept me laughing the entire time waiting!

3.) The football themed Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Fudge Brownie triffle I made for our last football tailgate over the weekend! Oh yes, it IS that good.  This was the second time I've made in it the next couple of weeks!!

sorry for the bad picture quality....camera phone not at its finest!
LOATHING:
1.) Waiting in the doctors office for over an hour this morning just to be seen for all of 5 minutes. On the up side, I have now officially "pinned" about a trajillion new recipes to try! (below are the two I am going to do today!)

courtesy of
courtesy of
2.) The cold we weather that came through today and looks like it's here to stay..BRR!  I was SO loving the warmish fall we have been having here. Guess it had to end some time!
*So you can't feel the cold...but can you see it in the grey skies!?*
 
3.) Politics in general...it's just not my thing. But what's really getting me this week is the exorbitant amount of it that keeps inundating my favorite tv shows and the internet! I know I should be a little more up to date with some of the things going on, but really!? Can't we all get along! Obviously not!

2 comments:

  1. That cake looks delicious!

    Minor surgical procedure? Hope everything is alright!

    Ooh what are your favorite tv shows? I hate politics too! It brings out the worst in people.

    Have you seen this? It's been going around the internet: http://accordingtokateri.com/2013/08/27/just-a-nurse/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin anything is amazing. I love pumpkin coffee from Dunkin Donuts

    That desert looks amazing.

    I love fall. Best season for Apple picking, pumpkin carving, and cold nights or snuggling under a blanket and watching a movie.


    ReplyDelete