Monday, July 16, 2012

Back to Nights...and other ramblings

Today's post will be a quick one because I am back to working nights this week.  I'm still trying to figure out what routine will work best for me on the first night that I work.

Do I wake up early and have a better chance at taking a nap? Or do I sleep in and just assume I'd probably not get a nap in anyways!?

Do I just chill until I leave at 2, or should I be more active in the morning, get a little sleepy and then lay down for a bit?

I don't think there's a right answer for now, so I'll just do whatever comes to mind today.  Unfortunately that started with an early morning dentist appointment that still has the entire right side of my mouth and cheek completely numb!

Hopefully that wears off before I start my shift...patients don't want an APN looking like she's having a stroke because one side of my face doesn't move when I talk, laugh or smile!

But I leave you with something funny.  Every time I drive home from work, I pass this cemetery by, and without fail, makes me laugh!

I wish I had a better zoom on my camera phone...I'm not sure if you can see what the sign says.

Sign on cemetery fence: "Come Worship with Us!"  And then it proceeds to list times for worship, Sunday School and Adult Bible class.

There must be a church hiding somewhere back there, but it is certainly not visible from the road!  Until then, I keep laughing that those in the cemetery are inviting us to their weekly worship!  Creepy!

Here's to hoping that tonight's shift won't be equally as creepy!  And for those of you that are night shift pros, I'd love to hear your tips!


No comments:

Post a Comment