Friday, December 3, 2010

Change of Plans

Ahhh "Winter Break".... such a much needed concept in grad school! If only work would also get on board!

Either way, I have the entire month of December off from school. Being the Type-A person that I am, I wrote a list of all the things I wanted/needed to get accomplished before the insanity begins that will describe my January through August!
And then later in the day I checked my school e-mail (WHY oh WHY did I do that!?!?)...This is what I found:
Guess my advisor has completely different plans for me during this "break!" Obviously she doesn't care if my closet stays a wreck, or I finish some of the DIY projects I had planned for my casa!

Instead, she has an 8 hour video/test for me to take, along with about 800 hours of readings and preparation for upcoming projects and papers!

Nice- so much for "Ahhh, winter break!"

Guess I'll cozy up with another cup of coffee, light a candle, play some Christmas music, & get to work! It will not always be this way...in fact, next December there will be NO school at all!! Now that's a concept that will get me through!!

Despite all the work, the holidays always seem to go by so quickly...TOO quickly!! So I'm going to try and enjoy each and every moment. What are you doing to enjoy the next few holiday weeks??

No comments:

Post a Comment