Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Adventure has Begun....

For awhile now, my friends and family have told me, "You really need to write this stuff down." And by "this stuff," they are referring to the many stories that I come home from work telling. Sometimes I come home from work in a great mood after a fun and lighthearted day. Other days, I spent the entire hour+ drive home crying. And still, on other occasions I come home ranting (ie: this doctor said this, that parent did that, etc.).

So this is my attempt at "writing it down." To share the many adventures that I go through daily being a PICU nurse, a graduate student and many times a home health/triage nurse to friends and family : ) I hope that you enjoy this journey of mine. I'm sure along the way there will be many laughs, lots of rants, possibly some crying....but I hope that you find as much passion and joy along the way as I do!

So who is this nurse you are "Adventuring" with??? I have been a PICU nurse for the past 5 years and have loved (mostly) every minute of it. I am blessed to work in a place that has all kinds of patients (from the demographic to patient diagnosis). This means that I am constantly on my toes, learning new things every day. And when that code button goes off, PICU nurses truly spring into action.

I am also blessed to be going to school online!! I love school....but I LOVE school on my couch, in my PJs, in front of the TV more : ) I just finished my last final of the quarter yesterday which officially marks the half-way done point!! I know that come this summer when health fairs and clinicals begin, the true schooling will start. But until then, I will continue to enjoy soaking up little morsels of nursing goodness as it comes along (however few and far between that sometimes seems!). And when I graduate (August 27, 2011...and counting!) I will be an Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. Translation: ummm, no idea yet....still deciding what it is I want to do with that....but hey, I guess that's part of the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment